Email stories wanted!

Subject: Email stories wanted!
From: Janice Wright <gu093jlw -at- ICSUN -dot- SUNNET -dot- ITHACA -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 1994 18:14:27 -0500

Hi all,
I am a Master's student in Corporate Communications at Ithaca
College, Ithaca, New York. I am writing my Master's thesis on corporate
stories about electronic mail. What I am asking for is for people
(particularly .com's) to send me stories about the use of email in their
organizations.
I'm particularly interested in stories that have circulated for a
while in your organization (aka 'corporate legends', and stories you
heard from someone else, as opposed to stories of your own personal
experiences with email), the types of stories that you might tell a new
employee about electronic mail use in your organization. I'm also
particularly interested in stories about when electronic mail was first
introduced in your organization, and stories about changes that have
taken place in your organization due to electronic mail use.

To any one who responds, please include the following information, if
possible:
1. The approximate size of your organization.
2. An estimate of the percentage of people in your organization who
have access to the email system.
3. Whether your organization's email system is strictly internal, or
connects to the Internet.
4. Where and how you first heard the story.
5. Whether or not you would be willing to be contacted for further
information. Also please indicate if you would like to receive a
summary of the results of this research.

Strict confidentiality of all data will be maintained by the
researcher, and the names of respondents, organizations and any other
identifying details will be deleted or aliased in the final report.
Remember that email is not a secure medium, particularly in
corporations where monitoring may occur. Please feel free to respond
through an anonymous mail server (send mail to help -at- anon -dot- penet -dot- fi
for information) or via 'snail mail' to the postal address below. By
responding, you are indicating your consent to participate in this
research, and that you are over 18 years of age. To verify the
authenticity of this study, please feel free to contact my Thesis
Advisor, Prof. Diane Gayeski at gayeski -at- ithaca -dot- edu -dot-

Thank you very much for your help.

Janice Wright

*PLEASE* RESPOND TO THIS ADDRESS AND NOT THE MAILING LIST:

gu093jlw -at- icsun -dot- sunnet -dot- ithaca -dot- edu

Janice Wright
c/o Graduate Program in Communications
School of Communications
Ithaca College