Re: Make it pretty

Subject: Re: Make it pretty
From: burgamw1 <burgamw1 -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 08:53:36 EST

A couple of years ago, a very reluctant scientist in the R&D lab I work in came
to me with a paper he was planning to submit to a journal for publication. His
supervisor had "forced" him to give it to me for editing before it was sent. He
didn't know why he had to bother with having it edited since he knew that all I
was going to do was correct the grammar and spelling. I have a scientific
background, and, in editing the paper, I found and corrected several technical
errors and some wrong numbers in a table. Because I had saved him from
embarrassment caused by careless writing, he's now one of my most devoted
clients. Sometimes you just have to prove yourself.

Murrie Burgan
burgamw1 -at- teomail -dot- jhuapl -dot- edu