Job Fairs

Subject: Job Fairs
From: QMS Account <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 08:22:04 +0800

Barb writes:

>Has anyone been hired (or know anyone who's been hired) at a job fair?

>My experience with them has been that they are filled with hundreds
>(and likely thousands) of people in dark-colored suits, and that you
>wait in line for hours to get a handshake and a chance to hand someone
>your resume. I've also never seen technical writing jobs available at
>them
<etc.>

I think the location makes a lot of difference. There is a large Job
Fair in Santa Clara (the heart of Silicon Valley) every three months.
The place is always very crowded, but lots of people are sans ties.
They have terminals for you to print a list of firms with openings
you are interested in. There are always many writer jobs.

I obtained a job at the job fair and remained with the company for
five years - they moved to another state.

You have nothing to lose when you attend a job fair and sometimes you
meet interesting people and see old friends.

Bob Morrisette
Consultant
Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM