The Mother

Subject: The Mother
From: Cynthia Schwartz <cynthia_schwartz -at- M1MAIL -dot- SBI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 08:20:30 U

Subject: Time: 8:07 AM
OFFICE MEMO The Mother Date: 11/18/94

I can see that my upbringing was a tad stuffy. I would NEVER refer to my
mother as *Mom* to my friends and collegues. In fact, whenever I hear it, it
seems strange to me.

*She* is my mother.
*He* is my father.

When my sister and I talk about my mother, we refer to her as *The Mother*
I'll call my sister and say, *Hey Debby, I spoke to The Mother today.*
Mother Superior -- she's not, but -- she is The Mother!

When my mother talks about my father, she refers to him as *The Father*.
She'll say, *The Father flew to Boston today.* And he's not a priest!

And then, I call my in-laws Janet and Joe. She's not my mother and he's not
my father. (Even though I really like them.)

Cynthia Schwartz
cschwartz -at- sbi -dot- com