Survey: # programmers per tech writer

Subject: Survey: # programmers per tech writer
From: Jack Molisani <jmolisa -at- FILENET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 1994 15:34:34 -0800

Our department is having to justify our staffing to Management who
thinks we are overstaffed (when we are actually understaffed for the
amount of projects in the works.)

To help support our position I'm conducting an informal poll:

What is the ratio of technical writers to programmers/
engineeers in your department?

Ideally, I would love to hear from writers in organizations doing
software development across multiple platforms but all responses are
welcome. Please include if you are documenting hardware or software
products. (If you feel work is not getting done because your
department is also understaffed, add that too!)

Send responses to jmolisa -at- filenet -dot- com -dot-

If anyone is interested, I'll post the results to the list.

Thanks in advance.

Jack Molisani
jmolisa -at- filenet -dot- com