Re: BS and MS at same university

Subject: Re: BS and MS at same university
From: Nancy Hayes <nancyh -at- PMAFIRE -dot- INEL -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 1994 21:04:19 GMT

I received my MA and BA from the same university. In my case,
it was a good decision. The BA was pretty well typical, but
the MA program was very good. Most of what I learned in college
was in the MA program, rather than the BA--although I did have
some extremely good professors in both. I think you have to
go w/ your own instincts on this. When I hired on, the person
hiring me just commented on the MA--not the BA, and not the
fact that I'd received both degrees from the same university.
I don't know if this is typical, or not.

Nancy (nancyh -at- pmafire -dot- inel -dot- gov)

PS: Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah if anyone is curious.