On-line Help Help!!

Subject: On-line Help Help!!
From: Lara Butterworth <lbutterw -at- IGOR -dot- UWI -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 1994 14:12:53 -0800

Help!

I've just been told that I need to put together on-line help for our next
release of our software, UWI Masque, version 1.1, expected January 15.

The software is on MS-Windows, Macintosh, X Window, and VM platforms. Does
anyone know the 'best' (read: fast and easy) way to do on-line help for
any/all of these environments? I know Windows has a help function, but I'm
trying to seek alternatives to either (1) using Balloon help for the Mac
(my boss says it's not hip enough); or (2) having ASCII text file dumps as
an attempt at help for all environments.

Any comments would be appreciated! If you have experience with writing
on-line help (I know its a different 'philosophy'), please pass this along,
too.

I'm only nine months into this career, and know very little (read: nothing)
about writing on-line documentation. Unfortunately, noone around here has
either...

Thanks in advance!

Lara Butterworth

lbutterw -at- igor -dot- uwi -dot- bc -dot- ca <----this is our new DNS!!!