Re: On Line Documents?

Subject: Re: On Line Documents?
From: "Doug, Data Librarian at Ext 4225" <engstromdd -at- PHIBRED -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 08:37:27 -0600

This is in response to Paul's query:

**********************************
I would like to know how to learn to create ON LINE documents. It seems
that every add for Tech Writers is looking for that ability. Is there a
book or class I can take? Is there special software needed to write ON
LINE Help?
**********************************

Ok, let's begin at the beginning, with terminology. On-line documentation
is a broad field, and encompasses everything from massive, hyper-linked
multimedia phantasmagoria like Microsoft's on-line encyclopedia to that
humble little line of ASCII text that appears at the bottom of a mainframe
screen when you try to exit without filling out all the required fields.

Although on-line documentation in one form or another is almost as old as
computing, we've only recently started paying close attention to it,

Send info to SCHAAF -at- CALVIN -dot- CC -dot- DUQ -dot- EDU

Thanks

Paul