Re: Book Master Replies

Subject: Re: Book Master Replies
From: Jan Boomsliter <boom -at- CADENCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 14:38:27 -0800

Learning BookMaster is time-intensive. It is not word processing, it
is writing code. Where do your talents lie?

As for the employment picture, you will not be paid more, but you will
be one up when IBM needs someone with expertise immediately. I've been
contracting the past three years. I got jobs because of BookM. One of
those led to another contract when the client converted to Frame.

Personally, I have to be next to starvation before working in BookM.
I've found that those who cheer it, also admit to resisting change. Or
they like programming.

==============================
Is this a large and difficult application to learn?

Can you describe the type of companies that use this product? If it is a
large IBM product, I'll assume that the clients will be Fortune 1000.

Can I run some version on a PC?

Do you know the pay rates for BookMaster experts?

The prelude to all this was a request from a recruiting agency for Book
Master experts. Since I knew nothing about Book Master, I posted on TECHWR.

My background: I started out using text formatters such as Music/Script and
nroff. Later, I learned Compugraphic typesetting codes. Like most tech
writers, I eventually progressed through Ventura, WordPerfect, MS-Word,
Interleaf, Frame, etc. Something tells me that I could learn Book Master,
should the need arise.

Regards,

Stewart Freed
Technical Communication Consultant