Re: Re[4]: generic "he"

Subject: Re: Re[4]: generic "he"
From: Susan Fowler <sfowler -at- EJV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 16:37:24 EST

Re: "But now that the feminist nomenklatura has taken over, they
have become the new oppressors."

Not from where I stand, on Wall Street. I've seen 3 years of layoffs in which,
somehow, the women managers are all let go but the men stay behind.

Also, this past year, I've known of three, no four, women forced out of Wall St.
companies either because of sexual harassment or for behavior their bosses
engaged in without similar repercussions. They were given money to keep their
mouths shut, and so far they have. A novel use of language, don't you think?

So don't be telling me that the bad old days are over. PC speech is hardly the
answer to life's little problems, but at least it keeps the issues in front of
people's faces!

Susan Fowler