Document control

Subject: Document control
From: Debbie Molinaro <MOLINARO_DEBBIE -at- NY -dot- MRC -dot- SONY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 12:02:00 -0500

Hi all.
I'm looking for some information regarding
document control and/or configuration management.

I am curious as to what methods other people are using
to track not only documents and their revisions, but
documents that are contained within larger documents as well.

For example, you might scan engineering drawings (or parts of them)
into your manual. Or you might redraw these prints and schematics.
But, nonetheless, they are based on an engineering drawing that is
revised as the assembly/part is updated.
How do you track the engineering drawing when you update your manual?

Also, if your basic product has many options, how do you
organize your material so that each manual is not a "one-off"
and can be revised with some degree of automation?

I'd appreciate any and all help you could give me.

Perhaps to keep the mail load light, you could e-mail me your
individuals, if that is more appropriate.

Thanks again,
Debbie

molinaro_debbie -at- ny -dot- mrc -dot- sony -dot- com

"I personally think we developed language out of a
deep inner need to complain." -- Jane Wagner/Lily Tomlin