Re: WHAT ELSE TO T

Subject: Re: WHAT ELSE TO T
From: "Sandy, Corinne" <CHS8 -at- CPSOD1 -dot- EM -dot- CDC -dot- GOV>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 12:59:00 EST

GUI stands for Graphical user interface. GUI guidelines are "a set of
statements defiing the 'look and feel' of an organization's software."
Basically, the guidelines serve as a recommendation relating to computer
applications (e.g., how to most efficiently design navigation routes for
programs, how to use title bars, use of fonts, how long audio or visual
feedback should take). A practical example: I consulted the guidelines
when testing applications that our programmers coded to make sure the menu
options (windows-based) were being labeled correctly.

----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Date: Saturday, December 03, 1994 1:37PM

Date: Sat, 3 Dec 1994 13:37:53 -0600
Sender: "Technical Writers List; for all Technical Communication issues"

From: Gregg Roberts <gregg -dot- roberts -at- TPOINT -dot- COM>
Comments: To: techwr-l -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
content-length: 0
Several people have used the term "GUI" recently. Could *one person* please
post a definition? Thanks.

--GR.