Workshops for On-the-Job Writers

Subject: Workshops for On-the-Job Writers
From: "Kevin S. Wilson" <Jewkes -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 15:19:37 -0500

Are you interested in improving the communication skills of engineers,
technicians, scientists, managers, and other on-the-job writers?

Does your organization provide communication workshops for on-the-job
writers?

If so, I'd like to talk with you.

With Mike Markel, I am the co-coordinator of Boise State University's Writing
Workshop Series. In 1994, we offered nine 4-hour workshops in technical
communication, aiming most of them at engineers, scientists, technicians, and
managers. In 1995, we will be offering seven 4-hour workshops, focusing them
on the written and oral communication skills needed by engineers, scientists,
technicians, and managers.

In addition, the Writing Workshop Series provides on-site custom workshops to
business, industry, and government. For instance, we recently completed a
series of workshops with Idaho Power Company, and have just completed the
first section of a quarterly course, Intro to Technical Writing, for
engineers and technicians at Micron Semiconductor, Inc.

If you call our secretary, Nancy Gray, at 208-385-3033, she will gladly send
you brochures about the Writing Workshop Series. And I would be happy to talk
with you about the series and about other ways to improve the communication
skills of on-the-job writers.

Finally, I would be interested in hearing from anyone whose organization
provides similar training, particularly from representatives of colleges and
universities offering workshops like those offered by BSU.

Kevin S. Wilson (JEWKES -at- AOL -dot- COM)
Program in Technical Communication
English Department
Boise State University
1910 University Drive