Re: Script to Wordperfect conv.

Subject: Re: Script to Wordperfect conv.
From: "William J. Hartzer" <William -dot- Hartzer -at- EMC2-TAO -dot- FISC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 1994 15:51:00 EST

Jeff, we have no problem stripping the codes from the original Script file(s).
In fact, we have already made an "EXEC" to do that. That's no problem; but
the point is is that we then have a document in straight ASCII text. That's
NOT what we want.

As I explained in my first message, if we do it like you say to do it (strippi
ng the codes), it takes us up to three weeks to re-format a guide.

Also, I have never heard of a word processor "automatically add(ing) the
needed codes." You mean to tell me that Wordperfect will automatically insert
all the codes in an ASCII format, DOS text document? Uh, oh! If that's the
case, my job as a technical writer is in jeapordy, and you've created an
invention that will soon make you a billionaire!

Please, Jeff. Re-read my original message and you'll easily see that I, as
well as any other technical writers here at Fischer International have no
problem doing the conversion process manually by stripping the doc into ASCII
text and then re-adding the codes.