Key Words for Tech Comm

Subject: Key Words for Tech Comm
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <LAVONNA -at- PIGEON -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 1994 12:53:40 -0600

Hello all! I'm reading the list in digests now, but I'm still here.
I have a request to pass on that I thought some of you would find
interesting.

Gary M. Smith, president of the New Orleans Chapter of STC, is
starting a list of key words that relate to technical communication.
The list will help recruiters like AeroTek scan their database of
resumes for relevant applicants when a tech writing job comes up.
In addition, the list will aid those who are looking for jobs put
their resumes in good order.

If you are interested, think of the key words or "tech comm buzzwords"
that you know of and send them to me at lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com -dot- Please
put Key Words in the subject line. I will forward them to Gary. You
do not need to include software names because these would need constant
updates.

NOTE: I am not wanting to spark another debate on the merits and demerits
of scanning resumes. If you reply to me, please only send contributions.

As I stated, I read the list in digests, so please send direct replies if
you want your contribution considered.

LaVonna Funkhouser
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
Oklahoma Chapter of STC president