MSWord problem

Subject: MSWord problem
From: "Virginia L. Krenn" <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 08:26:30 -0600

At 7:03 PM 12/04/1994 +0000, Margaret Redding wrote:

I'm editing some papers in MSWord (6.0), formatting the text in
columns. I find that sometimes I cannot get my columns to balance at
the bottom. There seems to be room to put another line of text at the
bottom of a column, but I cannot persude the text to stay there. I
have turned of widows and orphans protection, but still the problem
persists.

Has anyone had experience of this problem (and solved it)? >
Thanks for any help.

I had solved a similar problem by inserting a page break after the line
that wouldn't stay on the previous page. I'm not sure why this works; but,
it does.

Virginia