Re: Gut Reactions to SGML

Subject: Re: Gut Reactions to SGML
From: Kirk Foster <tscom004 -at- DUNX1 -dot- OCS -dot- DREXEL -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 15:27:01 -0500

Sue Stewart writes:

Different kinds of information are best communicated in different ways.
Forcing everything to fit the same mold may make the job easier for the
writer/editor/communicator, but may not best serve the
reader/user/customer.

From my limited knowledge of SGML, I thought one of the nifty aspects
of the extensive coding used was that you could generate user specific
documents by defining which codes to include in the documentation.

Sort of like boilerplate, material, but the original is more instead of
less inclusive. Is this a misperception on my part?

ciaos
kirk

Kirk Foster
TSCOM