Re: argument!!

Subject: Re: argument!!
From: "Massi, Jerri" <JMassi -at- ADMIN -dot- CLEMSONSC -dot- NCR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 1994 08:43:00 PST

Ah! now I see. But my confusion points out the whole problem of the
sentence. Make the syntactic subject the grammatical subject, and the
sentence will be a lot more clear.

"It connects millions of people from every continent." ?
"It is connected to millions of people from every continent." ?

What in the world could this "it" be?

I know! "It" is the "good times" virus! : )
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Date: Wednesday, December 07, 1994 5:44PM

Massi, Jerri said:
> Sorry--subject of the sentence is "millions"
> "it" is the object of a preposition.

You're confusing syntactic subject with the subject of discussion of
the sentence.

>> The sentence -> Millions of people from every continent are connected to
>> it.
>>
>> the word "it" is the subject and an echo word. I say the sentence should

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com