Year 2000

Subject: Year 2000
From: "USA::MU17692" <MU17692%USA -dot- decnet -at- USAV01 -dot- GLAXO -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 11:20:00 EST

I just asked a database technical support person here in Medical Data
Sciences how dates in the year 2000 will be recorded. We use the format
DDMMMYY in our clinical trials database. For January 15, 2000, for
example, the date will be written as 15JAN00. The Oracle database has
a built-in counter that trakcs the century behind the scenes. Right
now, apparently, the counter would interpret 15JAN00 as January 15, 1900.

At some point the systems people must change the century counter.

Happy computing and Merry Christmas.

Mike Uhl (uhl~m -at- glaxo -dot- com)
Glaxo Inc. Research Institute
Research Triangle Park, NC