Re: A Definition of Tech Comm

Subject: Re: A Definition of Tech Comm
From: Joseph J Little <litt0023 -at- MAROON -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 10:57:15 -0600

Stuart:

Yes, distortion would include all of those things. I
don't think anyone would argue that the writer and
reader bring into the picture their own personal
experiences--I think the goal of the tech comm
would be to identify, acknowlege these differences,
and then adjust their communication accordingly. What
do you think of that? Can you suggest any good reads on
this subject?

BTW, I just received Michigan Tech's literature on the
RTC program, and wouldn't you know, there was your smiling
picture and quote--pretty cool.

In reading the information, I'm a little sad that it
doesn't sound like Michigan Tech is really interested in
human factors, human computer interaction, etc. It seems
that the U of Washington's program might offer the best
MS in these areas. Would you agree? Thanks for your help.

Enjoy the holidays!

-- Joe Little, litt0023 -at- maroon -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu
Scientific and Technical Communication
University of Minnesota