Re: MSWord problem

Subject: Re: MSWord problem
From: "harold (h.o.n.) floysvik" <hal -at- BNR -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 11:03:00 -0500

Time for a new term. A few years ago, one of our guys coined the expression
WYGINS -- What You Get Is No Surprise. I tried using it for a while but
nobody seemed to want to acknowledge there is no such things as WYSIWYG
when trying to use a low resolution medium (the screen) to represent a
high resolution medium (300 dpi plus on paper).

On second thought, WYGINS probably won't cut it either because we still get
surprises. How about WYGINBS (Big Surprise) or WYGICE (Is Close Enough).

Any other suggestions?

...Hal

In message "MSWord problem", Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- com writes:

> Re: Margaret, I have experienced these problems before. I finally
realized
> Re: that this is sometimes what I'd like to call a WYSIWYG problem. I'll
> Re: explain further:
> Re:
> Re:Remember the definition of WYSIWYG: What You So Intensely Wish You'd
Gotten.
> Re:
> Re:I haven't seen this in a lot of packages (just Word and Aldus Persuasion)
but
> Re:I've wondered about it. Have you noticed that Print/Preview typically takes
> Re:significantly longer to draw the screen than the Page View does? That seems
> Re:indicate to me that they're cutting corners in the display code for Page
View