Re: Word use: Express/ed

Subject: Re: Word use: Express/ed
From: KnoxML1 <KnoxML1 -at- TEOMAIL -dot- JHUAPL -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 16:34:51 EST

Bill writes:
>I will continue to use it as "expressed written consent" simply because our
>forefathers wrote it that way.

Could you tell us what are you talking about? Where in writing did which of our
forefathers use this word in this manner?

> However, even if it IS gramatically incorrect (as you state), since it is now
>written in legal documents, that's the way it shall stand.

No, the legal term is "express" (i.e, explicitly stated). The quoted item in
the original post (which used "espressed") was not standard legalize--that was
the point in the original post.

Margaret