Roman numerals

Subject: Roman numerals
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 09:57:06 IST

The pages that are numbered Roman are often tough, dull reading. I
always resent reading ten or twenty Roman-numbered pages and finding that
after all that effort I've hit page 1. Don't I deserve to have my
progress recognized? If a book's going to start with Roman numerals,
I think that the Arabic numbering should pick up where the Roman
leaves off.
mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il