Re: Question on the list

Subject: Re: Question on the list
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 17:56:44 -0800

Another Sue writes...

> I just recently learned about this list, and was very excited to hear
> there was a forum in which writers could communicate and share ideas
> and thoughts. I especially miss interaction with my peers, since
> (unfortunately) I haven't any peers in my company. My question is a
> simple one. I've been lurking around for about a week or so and have
> noticed what seems to be a large number of "flaming" messages. Is
> this just a strange aberration (like, is the moon in Pisces or some
> strange place?), or is this normal? I'd love to be able to remain on
> this list, lurker or not, but the volume seems a bit high.

Well, Sue... Ya just don't sit a couple a' hundred professional
communicators down in front of keyboards and produce silence. Fact of
life.

Last year we settled such burning questions like "Is it You've got another
(thing/think) comming" and which state has the best bbq. This year's
burning questions are different, but just as urgent.

It's always been a high volume list and probably always will be -- but
you're more than welcome to insert your $.02 worth whenever you feel
the urge! Welcome to the list!

Sue Gallagher