Re: Modem Speeds

Subject: Re: Modem Speeds
From: Matt Abe <MATTA -at- LEONARDO -dot- LMT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 1994 13:37:46 CST6CDT

Mike Uhl <MU17692%USA -dot- decnet -at- USAV01 -dot- GLAXO -dot- COM> writes:

> I grumble when I have to connect to AOL at 9600 baud.
> CompuServe and my employer provide 14,400 connections.

For the record, America Online has had 14,400 service in many cities
since October or November. Just set your modem to 14.4 and dial into
the current 9600 baud number. If it's available in your area, you'll
notice a difference.

I'm just waiting for the day I can get AOL by plugging my computer
into my neighborhood cable TV cable. Now that would be something
worth paying for.

See you on the Net,

Matt Abe

Matthew Abe Internet: matta -at- leonardo -dot- lmt -dot- com
Documentation Group Leader or: MattAbe -at- aol -dot- com
LaserMaster Corporation
7156 Shady Oak Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55344