Re: Grammar and usage

Subject: Re: Grammar and usage
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 07:48:46 MST

> I'm glad you brought this up as I was unaware of this until now. It would
> seem to me that if a term has become so common as to be a household word
> (Kleenex being a case in point) that the publicity would offset legal
> restrictions in the eyes of the producer. IMHO, this takes things to the
> point of the ridiculous!

> RoMay Sitze rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu

I agree with you--why protest free publicity! However, depending
on the context, the publicity, though free, may not be
favorable. For example:

"He stumbled and fell against the medicine cabinet mounted on
the bathroom wall. The impact forced the Q-Tip deep into his
ear, puncturing his eardrum."

Beverly Parks
bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil