Re: Tracking document versions...

Subject: Re: Tracking document versions...
From: WandaJane Phillips <wandajp -at- ANDYNE -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 1994 15:46:29 GMT

We use a process that works something like this,

until a document is printed for distribution, we don't track it
when a document is released internally as a draft, we mark it as such
in the footer
when a document is released for general use, even if it is a single
presentation, it goes into *rev* status and the footer contains the
revision number and a date - that document is kept subsequent changes
get new revision numbers as they are released

working copy, becomes draft (or draft 2, and so on), becomes R1<date>
working copies are not archived, drafts are occasionally archived, rev
status documents are *always* (supposed to be) archived

... waja ...
sitting quiet waiting on the muse, a muse?