CCCC person needed

Subject: CCCC person needed
From: Dickie Selfe <rselfe -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 15:48:26 -0600

Please excuse me for cross posting this message so extensively, and, if
your interested, PLEASE respond to my personal address (RSELFE -at- MTU -dot- EDU) not
to the list.

I'm looking for talented people (one or two), who will be attending CCCC on
March 22 (Wed.) and 23rd (Thurs). People who

1) can type/transcribe reasonably quickly while
listening to a discussion
2) know or are willing to learn the basics of MOO software
(as in the MediaMOO at MIT)
3) don't mind speaking for virtual participants at a CCCC
workshop or roundtable.

I need someone who is willing to transcribe in real-time (well, close to
real-time) the discussion going on at the workshop into a MOO discussion.
This person may also need to summarize the on-line discussion periodically
for the face-to-face participants and to relay questions and comments from
the virtual group.

If you are still interested, here is a bit of an abstract that explains
what I am trying to set up.

This roundtable consists of technical communication
professionals, instructors, and "virtual"
participants who have extensive experience using
these technologies at work and in
instructional settings. By "virtual"
we mean that with the proper
technology (computer access with a modem,
Internet access via a local University, and
projection technology), participants from several
universities who could not normally afford to
participate in conference presentations will
be represented in real-time. Virtual
participants will not only provide valuable
insights as the discussion proceeds but will
also demonstrate some of the value and
limitations of network interactivity. Our
intension is to describe our use of Internet
technologies in our classes and professional
worlds as well as some of the implications of
this use. These models will function to
generate a broader discussion of the
logistics, politics, and changing dynamics of
technical communication.

Dickie Selfe 138 Walker
rselfe -at- mtu -dot- edu Michigan Technological U.
906-487-3225 Houghton, MI 49931