Re: Health Insurance for Contractors

Subject: Re: Health Insurance for Contractors
From: PJ Rose <PJRose -at- EWORLD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 13:52:34 PST

Ellen Adams writes:

<<However, I'd like to ask the other contract workers on the Tech WR-list:
who carries you? What can you divulge about your plan? I'll
do a summation for the list.>>

I have $500-deductible group health coverage for myself (age 44) and my
daughter through IEEE. The insurer is Connecticut General; my premium is $720
per quarter. My ex filed some fairly large medical expenses last fall when my
daughter was in the hospital, and CG paid up, just like they were supposed
to. As far as I know, I could have gotten similar coverage through any of the
other organizations to which I belong (ISA, STC, NWU). Hope this helps.

PJ Rose
Technical Writing Consultant
pjrose -at- eworld -dot- com