Screen prototyping program

Subject: Screen prototyping program
From: Ed Hoornaert <Ed -dot- Hoornaert -at- VENTANA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 10:29:27 -0700

Paul Lunstrum wrote:

>I am looking for a screen prototyping program. As I understand it, such

>program allows you to quickly build screen mockups and link the screens
>together to simulate an application. It provides the capability to
navigate
>from screen to screen by selecting menu options on the screens. It
would be
>used to demonstrate the look and feel of proposed applications to
interested
>parties.

We've used something called ProtoGen+ from ProtoView Development
(908)329-8588; in fact, the program I'm currently struggling to document
was _written_ in ProtoGen. (Not recommended, BTW; that's not what's it's
designed for.) ProtoGen is quite satisfactory, and the programs that
come to me from the university we're affiliated with are often mocked
together in it.

A caution: In house, as a commercial software company, we have less use
for prototyping tools because the time you put into the mockups is "lost"
when you have to start over in C++ (or whatever). Most of our prototypes
are done directly in the desired "destination" language, hence I
personally am more familiar with the Borland Resource Workshop as a tool
for honing dialog boxes.

Hope this helps.