Subject: Re: Laptops

Subject: Subject: Re: Laptops
From: Chris Silker <silke001 -at- MAROON -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 09:56:41 CST

Paul MacGyver Carman (paul -dot- carman -at- harris -dot- com) wrote:
: If so, does this sound even vaguely familiar:
: * On some laptops, there is a key sequence to switch you from
: the LCD panel to an external monitor.
: Do you know what that key sequence is?

On my Lexbook (made by Lexmark, which I believe is a subsidiary of IBM),
the key sequence is <Func> <F7>. The <F7> key has tiny printing on it, in
the same color as the <Func> key, "CRT/LCD." I only had to use this key
combination once - now it detects what's attached and acts accordingly.

Doesn't your documentation tell you this?

Good luck.

Chris Silker
University of Minnesota
Departments of Rhetoric and Forest Resources