Re: Golden Rules of Writing

Subject: Re: Golden Rules of Writing
From: Steve Delanghe <zulu -at- CIX -dot- COMPULINK -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 11:56:42 GMT

>And then there's:

> "Short words are best and the old words when short
> are best of all." --Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Well here's a few old, short words:

brevis esse laboro
obscurus fio

Maybe we should take into account our readers' capabilities! Some people
think only long new words are worth reading.

(Quote is from Ovid - I try to be brief, but only become obscure)

Steve
(...hang the sense of it, just keep yourself busy...)