Re: The Covert Interview

Subject: Re: The Covert Interview
From: Sherri Hall <shall -at- HILCO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 1995 17:00:20 CST

> my office is right
> smack in the middle of the programming area. Thus, if they are
> discussing anything at all, I get to hear about it

Sue makes a point I forgot to make in my earlier post on the subject
of covert interviews. About 9 months ago, a fellow tech. writer and I
were placed in the Product Development department.
I was shocked at the amount of cooperation we now receive as a result of
being perceived as a part of the team (instead of being an
outsider). I still don't know why organizational barriers existed,
but they did. Now I benefit from being in the
same department as my technical SMEs.
--
Sherri Hall * "No passion in the world is equal to the passion
shall -at- hilco -dot- com * to alter someone else's draft." H.G. Wells