Re: business topics

Subject: Re: business topics
From: Kat Nagel <KatNagel -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 1995 18:54:24 -0500

John Hedtke wrote:
"Discussing the mechanics of publishing, dealing with agents
(for them as likes; I don't), negotiating contracts, and what
peoples' experiences with various publishers have been, and
what kinds of things various publishers are looking for is the
kind of thing I'm interested in. If other people are interested,
we can do this here, or we could start a group like
"alt.authors.technical" or something.

Comments? Suggestions? Preferences?"

Please, please, DON'T start another group. Especially a newsgroup, since my
access to newsgroups is severely limited (ever tried to follow a thread in
chronological order on AOL? even a delayed Digest is better than THAT).

There have been lots of business-related discussions on this list. Most of
us find them interesting and helpful. Start us off by bringing up a
particular issue you want to see discussed. Then duck <grin>.

@kat katnagel -at- aol -dot- com
Life 1: MasterWork (technical writing and document design)
Life 2: PlaynSong & Madrigalia, Ltd (vocal chamber music)
==========Life 1 pays for Life 2==========