Re: Moderating TECHWR-L

Subject: Re: Moderating TECHWR-L
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 11:27:54 EDT

I follow some newsgroups that are lightly moderated and I have no problem with
it at all. It hardly rates as censorship to preen out messages that should have
been sent to the LISTSERV and broadcast junk mail. However, it does demand a
lot of *someone's* time to look at every message coming in, and I wouldn't ask
anyone to do it on their own time.

I've set the listserver to simply send me a daily digest of the postings to
of a steady stream, and I can skip over the adminstrative stuff (how to
unsubscribe and that mess of listserver search commands from a few weeks back)
or the messages that are not relevant.

A much cheaper alternative to moderating.

/chet