Re: The Covert Interview

Subject: Re: The Covert Interview
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 1995 23:31:41 -0700

Robert, I am not hearing impaired, however I have worked with several who
are. Background music may be fine in some instances, but the request was
for us to be sensitive to the needs of our co-workers. This is not a
political issue so much as a matter of plain courtesy.

On Tue, 10 Jan 1995,
Butterworth, Robert wrote:

> Ahem... JUST IN CASE YOU CAN'T HEAR ME PROPERLY
> I hardly think this is the place for you to air your obscure political
> views.
> He made a number of valuable points of interest to tech writers, which a few
> of us
> have noted here. I'll just remind you to move to the Deaf-L list if you want
> to make
> other silly comments.

> NORMAL PERSON who doesn't mind a bit of nice background music

> > From: Mean Green Dancing Machine <aahz -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
> > You happened to hit one of my buttons, so I'll just remind you to be
> > sensitive to people's environmental preferences.
> > (I'm hearing impaired, and I *hate* background music when I'm talking to
> > someone. I liked the rest of the advice, but it might fail with someone
> > else.)
> > --- Aahz -at- netcom -dot- com

RoMay Sitze A musician must make music, an artist must
rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu paint, a poet must write, if he is to be
ultimately at peace with himself.
-Abraham Maslow-