Acceptable salary levels

Subject: Acceptable salary levels
From: "Elizabeth A. Kibler" <eak -at- SDSP -dot- MC -dot- XEROX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 12:55:48 PST

Bill Burns said:

What exactly IS acceptable pay for technical communicators?

I'd like to know this as well. I'm not asking anyone to divulge their own
salaries, but does anyone have information on typical salaries and associated
job titles for the nation? for a particular region? Anything?

From what I'm hearing in my local area, the major companies are drastically
reducing their pay scales (and getting away with it).

I'd appreciate any input you can offer.

eak