Re: how we read oops

Subject: Re: how we read oops
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 15:17:37 -0800

Bill Burns said:
> We'll accomplish little be assuming an authoritarian stance
> and chastising those who make minor errors in formatting or decorum. If
> we want open discussion, we should offer suggestions rather than criticism.

Well, I didn't send mail to Robert telling him that I couldn't read his
paper, but I *could* have. I have done it in the past. People usually like
to know when others have trouble receiving their communication. If someone
sends you a fax and it somehow gets mangled in receipt, don't you call
them them up and ask them to resend? This has happened to me, that people
have asked me to refax. I don't consider it a criticism. It's a statement
of fact. I think it's safe to say that Robert's file got mangled in
uploading, for any number of reasons. He doesn't have the time to screw
around with it, that's fine. I don't have the time to reformat it to read
it, either.

I *wish* he would take the time to reupload. Learning how to do it is
ultimately useful, not just for the first time you need to know it. But if
he chooses not to take the time, I'm not critical of that.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com