Re: firewalls

Subject: Re: firewalls
From: Sue Heim <SUE -at- RIS -dot- RISINC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 11:18:27 PST

Arlen wrote:

> "Cloud" is a new one on me, as well. From the context I'd think it meant a
> collection of computers related by physical location.

No, no, no!! It is not necessarily "physical" more like "virtual." A
cloud is used to represent a variety of computers connected in a
variety of ways, usually in a WAN.

I used to work for an FDDI company (interfacing various other network
protocols to an FDDI network), and that is/was the industry standard
at that time (the cloud, that is).

...sue "who wasn't gonna say anything, but then just felt compelled
to"