Re: Coming from the Other Side

Subject: Re: Coming from the Other Side
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 1995 07:56:25 MST

PJ -

I've received a lot of responses, both public and private, to my
original question about crossing over from a "techie" position to
technical writing or editing. It is very reassuring to me to
know that so many people have made that switch. One really major
advantage mentioned by almost everyone is that, having worked
"on the other side," you transition with a solid foundation of
subject area knowledge and are immediately prepared to
specialize in a certain area. This is definitely a long-jump
ahead of anyone else entering that market who must first get up
to speed in the concepts and terminology of the subject area.

Anyway, thank you and everyone who shared their stories with
me. They have been truly uplifting to my own crossover quest.

Keep sharing!

Bev
=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=