Re: Universal Help

Subject: Re: Universal Help
From: jhedtke -at- OZ -dot- NET
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 1995 06:20:39 PDT

In article <9501110857 -dot- AA19649 -at- sunny -dot- mercury -dot- co -dot- il -dot- mercury>,
> Is anyone familiar with the program Universal Help by Softronics
Inc.? I need a
tool which can convert RTF files for Windows help to the OS/2 IPF
format.
Universal Help will convert the files, but some editing of search
key words is
needed in order to adapt the files to the functionality of the OS/2
Help
search.

> Does Universal Help really work?

> How much editing is involved?
> julie -at- mercury -dot- co -dot- il

We do a fair amount of OS/2 help development. We have
Universal Help and Mirrors. Mirrors is something
of a standard tool for developing OS/2 help, which is damning
with faint praise. I haven't found any OS/2 tools that I'm
at all impressed with yet.

Yours Truly,

John Hedtke

*"Using Computer Bulletin Boards (3rd edition)" *
*is just $29.95! If you want people to know why *
*you're staring at the computer for hours, give *
*'em a copy! Dial 800-247-3912 or 800-628-9658. *
*ISBN 1-55828-391-9. *