Re: OK, Frame's the obvious choice for long documents BUT...

Subject: Re: OK, Frame's the obvious choice for long documents BUT...
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 11:01:29 -0700

Patrick O'Connell wrote to call attention to some of the disadvantages to
using FrameMaker:

1. Non-standard keyboard text manipulation conventions
2. SLOW response time
3. Interface design and online help system out-of-sync with current
Windows programs
4. Memory hog, even with 16MB

I agree with Patrick that all of the above are problematic for one reason
or another. I especially am frustrated by some of the keyboard
differences. Frame is definitely NOT a word processor. I personally
prefer to do as much as possible of the word processing in a program such
as W4W that is designed for that type of work, then import to Frame to
format the document. As a document processor for longer documents,
however, Frame is still superior to word processors and most other
DTP programs I've worked with.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu

You can't solve a problem unless you first admit you have one.
--Harvey Mackay in _Swim with the Sharks_