Functional Resumes

Subject: Functional Resumes
From: Mike Christie <mikec -at- LUNA -dot- SYNTEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 09:35:25 -0800

What's the "current wisdom" on functional resumes? Not very long ago I
was told to avoid them, because they raised a red flag with hiring people
who assumed that a functional resume was being used to cover up a lack of
experience. I just got a resume book this week which seemed to be
perfectly comfortable with a functional resume under certain
circumstances, and the inclusion of the topic here in the resume
discussion raised my curiosity. Have functional resumes been "rehabilitated"?

Mike Christie
Technical Writer
Syntelligence Systems, Inc.
mikec -at- syntel -dot- com