Re: Intellectual Exercise: How would you reduce your documentation by 80%?

Subject: Re: Intellectual Exercise: How would you reduce your documentation by 80%?
From: David Farkas <farkas -at- U -dot- WASHINGTON -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 1995 18:51:18 -0800

If I REALLY had to cut my documentation by 80%, I think I would write a
short conceptually focused booklet (or help file) and then write a lot
of balloon help. Balloon help and its non-Apple equivalents are a pretty
good form of minimalist documentation.

David K. Farkas
Dept. of Technical Communication
College of Engineering FH-40
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195
farkas -at- u -dot- washington -dot- edu
(206) 685-8659