Famous tech. communicators in literature?

Subject: Famous tech. communicators in literature?
From: Marc Paquette <paquette -at- INFINITY -dot- METROWERKS -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 10:56:52 -0500

--part_AB4A8D740002856200000007

Hello, all,

If someone ever invites me to a costume party, I'd like to go as a famous,
fictional technical communicator. I know you may be thinking, "He even
daydreams about technical writing--how weird," or "A technical writer who
has time to daydream--how weird." ;-)

I can think of a few journalists and ficiton writers in literature (the
main character in Misery, for example), but I can't think of any technical
communicator characters. Well, maybe one: Dr. Watson, Sherlock Holmes'
cohort. The idea of Watson as a tech writer is a little flimsy, though.

Any ideas?

Marc.
---

--part_AB4A8D740002856200000007

Marc Paquette paquette -at- metrowerks -dot- ca
Metrowerks, Inc. Technical Publications (514) 747-5999 ext. 232
"Working conditions within a technical writing section are usually quite
pleasant. There is little pressure except during infrequent deadline
periods."
--Richard W. Smith in _Technical Writing_, 1963.
--part_AB4A8D740002856200000007--