None

Subject: None
From: Auli Ingman <Auli -dot- Ingman -at- X400UX -dot- SASKTEL -dot- SK -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 1995 13:53:27 -0600

REGARDING None
Does anyone know of a way to import text, originally created in PageMaker, into
Word 5.1? Originally, we wanted to achieve an exact duplicate of our telephone
company service order form, which we then used as a template for about 500
filled-in versions, all exhibiting different examples of service requests, all
separate Pagemaker documents.

It was a mistake. The person who did the original 500 is no longer here and
we're having a problem getting good support for PageMaker.

If possible, we would like to salvage some of the work.

The format used was:

1. master pages, to create the form itself.
2. variable text in the information blocks of the form. X 500 forms! None of
the blocks of variable text are threaded (? connected?)

Here's what I've tried:
. opening the Page doc from Word (all files). It translates as garbage.
. in Page (edit story), selecting all, copying, then going into Word, doing a
paste special. If I did paste special - picture, then of course I got a graphic,
which I didn't want. If I did paste special - formatted text (RTF), Word pasted
only a statement that I had imported an Aldus document. Choosing unformatted
text worked a little better, except that I need it formatted.

Can I remove the master items (template) and make it part of the same document?
(i know very little about Pagemaker, BTW.)
What about importing Pagemaker into a compatible application, as an intermediate
step?
Would scanning be an option, do you think?

I'd appreciate any info offered.

Regards,
Auli