Generating Windows (RTF) help files from FrameMaker

Subject: Generating Windows (RTF) help files from FrameMaker
From: Jennifer Lautz <lautz -at- FORTE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 15:49:25 PST

Hi,

Given all the recent debates about FrameMaker vs Word, I'm sure somebody has
already figured this out . . .

My group currently has books written in FrameMaker, and we want to also develop
a help system for our product interface, which runs on Windows, MacIntosh, and
Motif. So, we want to develop a process where we can write our Frame books and
generate help files (RTF?) from selected parts of the Frame files. Of
course, we'd like the process to be as automated as possible, so that we can
make changes to the books and run some macros/programs to update the help
without manually changing the same information all over the place.

We're just starting to figure this out, so any information anyone would like
to share about filters, products, macros, etc., is much appreciated!

Please send replies to my address. I'll try to summarize what I hear.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice,

Jennifer Lautz (510) 869-2032
Technical Writer lautz -at- forte -dot- com
Forte Software, Inc.
Oakland, California Opinions expressed are my own.