Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 13 Jan 1995 to 16 Jan 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 13 Jan 1995 to 16 Jan 1995
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 14:04:40 -0800

>RE: STC's salary survey

>If anyone has a copy of this online, I would appreciate it if you would
>email me the survey. I belong to STC and didn't get the survey, I e-mailed
>and was told it would be sent out that day (that was 10 days ago and 2
>reminders).

>Must just be my luck.......

>dana maconis
>maconis -at- super -dot- zko -dot- dec -dot- com
======================
I can't just send the whole thing on line, Here's a part if you have a
specific are of the country or experience level in mind let me know and
I'll dig it out.

Source STC Salary Survey: United States Median Salary by two-Digit zip
codes
01 MA/RI 48,044
02 RI 46,002
03 NH 49,000
06 CT 36,622
07 NJ 43,196
10 NY 38,624
12 NY 45,780
14 NY 42,967
19 DE 36,965
20 DC/MD/VA41,366
22 VA 41,808
27 NC 35,308
30 GA 40,045
32 FL 35,281
33 FL 36,506
35 AL 39,913
37 TN 38,689
43 OH 38,878
45 IN 37,382
46 IN 36,333
48 MI 38,246
50 IA 34,104
53 WI 36,854
54 WI 35,567
55 MN 39,559
60 IL 36,680
75 TX 41,233
77 TX 41,149
78 TX 40,465
80 CO 40,585
85 UT 42,302
90 NV 48,759
91 No. CA 43,645
92 No. CA 43,255
93 So. CA 46,400
94 So. CA 48,944
95 So. CA 46,463
97 OR 37,986
98 WA 37,986

The Median for the one digit Zip Code 4#### = 36,700

Entry Level employment figures for the US are:
Mean: 29,884
10% fall below 20,500
25% fall below 25,600
50% fall below 29,000
75% fall below 32,700
90% fall below 41,000

Less than two years experience

Mean: 32,079
10% fall below 22,000
25% fall below 26,000
50% fall below 30,000
75% fall below 37,000
90% fall below 45,000
=======================

Regards,

Marc

Technical Writer/Trainer
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr.
Oakland, CA 94612-3540
santa -at- tfs -dot- com santacroce -at- aol -dot- com

"An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot"
- Rich Julius