Content 1st - Grammar 1st

Subject: Content 1st - Grammar 1st
From: Vince Putman <PUTMV -at- MAIL -dot- SYNTRON -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 09:47:21 CST

FYI,

As one of the contributors to the Content vs Grammar discussion
stated, "I think this is a great list to help solve our problems as
well as to enhance our knowledge of the job." (From Laurie)

A summary of the discussion is very difficult if we do not accept that
there are really two jobs that must be accomplished. Recently, I have
had the services of a grammar expert, who takes my content and makes
sure it reads well. Its a great way to avoid the distractions of
grammar and format issues when developing content. The old quantity
vs quality vs schedule, conflict never ends!!!

We all should be thankful for the observations of those who bingo'ed
on this subject. Hopefully, many of the 600 other TECHWR-Lers have
also benefited. Some of those who took the time to express their
views are listed below (in no order):

Diana Patterson <DPatterson -at- MtRoyal -dot- AB -dot- CA>

Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- syl -dot- nj -dot- nec -dot- com>

Emily Skarzenski <71220 -dot- 341 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>

deborah -at- asl -dot- dl -dot- nec -dot- com (Deborah Schwartz)

Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>

Carl Miller <ccm -at- PANDORA -dot- CRAY -dot- COM>

Faith Weber <weber -at- easi -dot- com>

Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>

Mark L. Levinson <mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il>

Vince Putman | Eschew Gratuitous Obfuscation
putmv -at- mail -dot- syntron -dot- com | OR
713-647-7139 Houston, TX | Avoid Free Confusion