Experiences

Subject: Experiences
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 11:53:05 MST

> From: Richard Lippincott <rlippinc -at- BEV -dot- ETN -dot- COM>
> <snip>
> Many times, we'd reach a point where the USAF types would say "That
> instruction isn't clear." There'd be a long, dead silence as everyone
> pondered better wording, while a clear solution seemed obvious to me.
> So, I'd pipe up with "How about we say........" Heads would nod,
> pens would scribble. The writing skill, not the technical skill, had
> come through again.

Yes, yes! Been there; done that. Or sometimes, they'd all be
tossing around ideas for making it clearer, but not getting
anywhere. Or making it worse and thinking it was better. I'd
wait for a polite pause in the brainstorming, then offer my "How
about..." option. Same result: nodding heads, scribbling pens,
sounds of "Good one!" or "Yes, that's it."

Kind of funny to watch (and experience).

=*= Beverly Parks =*= bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=